Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Carlo de Huts - Senayan City Jakarta

Hello Foodies!

Back with me.
Today, I will review about a new place, new restaurant. That's the first time i went there.


This time I want you to guess the place, where it is stood actually since the photo has shown you the place's name.


Do you know where is it ?


Here's the answer.

It's located at the Lower Ground of the mall. You can find it at the Crystal Lagoon, where some other restaurants stand together there too, surrounding a small pond outside the lower ground's area.



The name of the restaurant is Carlo de Huts.


I was with my friends that night. We decided to try here since we heard about their favorite and popular dishes.

First, I will tell you about the place. The location is strategic, for smokers, they can sit outside and enjoy the night with a live music. The group band sing for all the visitors at the area actually, they sit right beside the small pond to entertain the customers on all the restaurants in this area.


We booked a reservation since it was full that time. After couple minutes, we ordered our meals.

Here's the food :


Dish's Name :
Smoked Salmon White Sc
|
Description :
Pasta with Capers,
Creamy White Sauce
and
Smoked Salmon


This was my order since this was the recommendation from the waiter.

Description about the taste. Well, I enjoyed it, it tasted like a spaghetti carbonara, the portion was quite big. The garlic bread was crunchy and the capers were delicious too, it was salty by the way. The sauce was nice and creamy.

What I didn't like about this was the components. The menu said it's a Salmon spaghetti, but what I found was just a slice of thin Salmon's meat out on top of the dish. The rest was some plenty beef's meat that had cut to small pieces.

Rate : 7.5 / 10



Dish's Name :
Oxtail Bolognaise
|
Description :
Mixed Local and Italian Style,
Ox-Tail
with 
Bolognaise Sauce


This dish, it was delicious. The oxtail was cooked perfectly and so juicy. The sauce was sweet and had a little spicy flavor, there was a lot of meat on the sauce too. I might order this one on my next visit B-)

Rate : 8.0 / 10




Dish's Name :
Scampi Pasta
|
Description :
Pasta, Garlic, Onion,
Sundried Tomato, Broken Chili,
Black Olive, King Prawn,
and
Garlic Bread



This dish was the best out of the rest above.

We tasted it and we thought it was kind of a spaghetti aglio olio. It indeed tasted like one, but the differences were on the components. With the addition of prawns, black olives and chili, made the spaghetti tasted spicy and tasteful.

I didn't know if they were king prawns cause they looked so tiny (shrimp?) LOL


Rate : 8.5 / 10


FACT

Carlo de Huts is famous for its dessert course.

Kumpir is one of its specialty, but sadly we couldn't order one since it was out of order, so we ordered other one which took our attention.



Dish's Name :
Baby Beef N Cheese
|
Description :
Smoked Beef Sausage
and
Sunny Side Up Egg
with
Melted Cheese 


It is a Dutch Baby Pancake which is made with eggs, sugar, flour and milk.

It tasted really GOOD. I liked it the most out of the other. The sausage was meaty and while eating it with the sunny side up egg and the melted cheese, it combined perfectly as it was a luxurious meal (for me).

What surprised me was the pancake. When I used the knife to slice it, it cut smoothly. I looked at the pancake and saw that it kind of made from egg since the texture looked like from egg, not like other pancake's ingredients. The pancake tasted delicious and creamy, maybe because of the milk.


Rate : 8.5 / 10



We heard this place is popular for the beverages too. We read on the menu and it is called Butter Beer. Here's the look :


Beverage's Name :
Hogwarts' Butter Beer


The drink was AWESOME. The sweetness from the butter mix with the beer was totally amazing. When I tasted it, I thought it was fruity smell but then I remembered about the menu's name, so it was the butter actually. 

Sadly, the barista gave too less on the drinks, we got only 2/3 beer on the glass (couldn't enjoy with it). Plus, I made an accident with it. I put in a straw and tried to stir it, but I didn't know I mustn't do that. What happened ? IT SPILLED -__-

All the butter foam spilled out and I had to drink some to stop it. At the end, I only got half the beer because of the incident (unlucky). Anyway, it tasted like sarsaparilla.


Rate : 8.0 / 10




Overall, we (my friends and I) enjoyed this place even though there is nothing too special from this place, we might visit here again once since we couldn't try the Kumpir dishes. Hope next time we could order one :)



Rate for Carlo de Huts : 7.5 / 10




LIVE TO EAT
EAT TO LIVE


Location :
Senayan City
Lower Ground, Crystal Lagoon
Jl. Asia Afrika, Senayan
Jakarta





S





No comments:

Post a Comment